Cats in Art

By Susan Herbert and Corina Fletcher

Published by Thames&Hudson 

Art/Adult

£14.99



I am already a Susan Herbert fan - Medieval Cats are one of my favourite things ever! So when I saw this beautiful pop-up had come out I HAD to have it! 

This book features six pop-up scenes of classical art paintings (including Boticelli see below) - reimagined as cats, naturally, featuring short humorous text descriptions opposite each one. 

Susan Herbert's illustrations are an absolute delight in themselves - and these elegantly engineered pop-outs really bring the main subject out even more - 'Suzy the barmaid' from the Manet recreation is particularly mesmerising!

To me, this is novelty publishing at its best. These paintings are completely charming for both art and cat fans and this format is the perfect gift book.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impossible Creatures

Arkspire by Jamie Littler

The Legend of Podkin One-Ear